Neds Singapore Chicken Curry
Neds Singapore Sauce is a blend of Indian and Chinese flavours, Neds were inspired by the cultural mix which influenced the current cuisine in Singapore.
It can be used to cook noodles or make a curry to be served with rice, it goes best with seafood or chicken.
(serves 4 people)
- 400 g Neds Singapore sauce
- 1 table spoon rapeseed oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 spring onions
- 2 red pepper
- 100g coconut shavings
- Put the chicken thighs in a bowl and marinate them with the Neds Singapore sauce for at least 2 hours.
- Chop the spring onions
- Clean the pepper of the stalk and the inside and then cut into strips about 2cm wide
- Keep the coconut shavings to complete the dish.
- Use a large wok
- Make it really hot
- Add the oil and spread it all around the wok
- Place all the marinated chicken thighs in the wok till they are nice and golden on each side.
- Add the peppers, stir it all in
- Add hot water to cover it all up
- Let it simmer and add water every time it dries up, let it cook till the chicken almost falls off the bones
- You should end up with a juice curry with a consistency slightly thicker than a gravy
- Add the coconut shavings and stir them in
- Serve with jasmine steamed rice and freshly chopped spring onions on top.