Vegetables Chow Mein
Every Chinese chef will tell you, it is an art to find the right balance in mixing light soy, dark soy and sugar, and each one of them will do it differently. There is no perfect formula and in the end it’s down to personal taste, we are extremely happy with our ready mix Soy sauce, judging by our customer’s feedback over the last 20 years of business.
This sauce is the “bread and butter” of Chinese cooking.
You can use this sauce for hundreds of Asian dishes which require soy sauce as a base.
Best to be served with any types of noodles, meat and vegetables, it is completely vegan and vegetarian.
(serves 1 person - to cook more multiply the portioning - for best results cook 1 portion at the time)
- 80g Neds ready mix Soy sauce
- 200g Cooked egg noodles (this can be bought ready for wok or dry)
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 60g Carrots
- 60g mixed peppers
- 20g Onions
- 70g Broccoli
- 50g Chinese leaf
- 60g Beansprouts
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Boil the noodles following the packet instructions and cool down under cold water (if you purchased the dry one)
- Dice the onions
- Peel the carrot cut it into half moon shapes about 5mm thick
- Clean the broccoli and blanch them in boiling water for 2 min, cool down in cold water and set aside
- Clean the pepper of the stalk and the inside and then cut into strips about 2cm wide
- Clean the Chinese leaf, get rid of the root and cut into thin strips 2cm wide
- Beansprouts come ready to use.
- Use a wok
- Make it really hot
- Add the oil to the wok when hot add the onion and stir fry till golden
- Add the vegetables at once
- Mix it all in the wok for 1 minute constantly tossing the wok
- Add the egg noodles and a tablespoon of water
- Stir fry it all till the water has gone and the egg noodles become shiny
- Add the Neds ready mix soy sauce sauce and stir in well till it’s all well amalgamated
- Finish off when the sauce has been absorbed forming a creamy texture around the noodles, there should be no sauce dripping off the noodles
- Add the sesame oil, stir it in and serve.